[Gluster-devel] Node replaced by another machine

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Node replaced by another machine
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 07:12:41 +0100

Hi

I spot a bug in 3.2.3, I would like to know if it is fixed in more
recent code, or if I should hunt for a fix.

machine1# cd /gfs/stale && ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  2048 Nov 27 06:47 a

machine2# cd /gfs/stale && cp -r a b && rm -Rf a && mv b a

machine1# ls -l
ls: a: No such file or directory
machine1# cd a
machine1# ls
ls: .: No such file or directory
machine1# cd /gfs/stale
machine1# ls -l
ls: a: No such file or directory

Looking at FUSE exchanges, I can see that after machine2 replaced the
node, machine1 gets the new inode number using READDIR, but the inode
number returned by LOOKUP is the one for the deleted node. The only way
to work it around is to unmount and remount the filesystem.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz