Re: [Gluster-devel] SSL support

From: Jeff Darcy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] SSL support
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 08:26:09 -0500

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:24:38 +0100
address@hidden (Emmanuel Dreyfus) wrote:

> I would like to test again SSL support. Since my last attempt, the
> patch evolved into this:
> http://review.gluster.com/#change,362
>
> Two questions:
> - Is there a plan for restricting what DN are allowed to access?

There is a separate authorization patch, which depends on the current
one (authentication, encryption, multi-threading) so I'll be pushing it
as soon as its predecessor is ready.  For now, you can view it here:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2011-06/msg00042.html

> - I understand one have to configure SSL in the autogenerated volume
> files in etc/glusterd/vols. Is there a plan for having that derived
> from information contained in etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol?

Yes, there is a long term plan for that.  The overall plan is to merge
the HekaFS functionality into GlusterFS, but integrating the management
pieces is the most difficult part of that (no convenient translator API
there) so it's going to take a while.