[Gluster-devel] Bugzilla migration - coming soon

From: John Mark Walker
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Bugzilla migration - coming soon
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 20:17:45 +0000

Greetings,

As part of the evolution of our projects and products, we are going to move our
bugzilla instance to redhat's global bugzilla. We are currently in the process
of migrating all existing bug reports, whether open, closed or otherwise, to
bugzilla.redhat.com.

Assuming this migration works as planned, we will implement a DNS redirect from
bugs.gluster.com to bugzilla.redhat.com.

There will be 2 basic pieces to the new bug-tracking:

1. Community tracker for GlusterFS
    - if you go to http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ you'll see a category of
projects called "Community" - that's where you'll find the GlusterFS tracker
after the migration

2. Product tracker for the Storage Software Appliance
    - Bugs for commercial products will be logged separately by support. If
you're a customer and you want to know about any impending changes, contact
your account or support rep.

"What does this mean for me?"

- It means that if you go to bugs.gluster.com, you'll see Red Hat's Bugzilla
instance instead of the older Gluster one. We will update any links from
gluster.org to point to the right place, and we will also update any feeds from
the tracker. After the changeover, all future bugs will be filed on Red Hat's
bugzilla instance.
- All of the bugs you've filed or contributed to previously should be there. If
there are any particular bugs you care about, please check to make sure the
information was migrated correctly. As a precaution, I'll make the old bugzilla
database available for public perusal in read-only form.

Assuming the migration has worked as planned, expect the DNS change this
weekend. I will notify the lists when we have completed that task.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here or in #gluster.

Thanks!
John Mark Walker
Gluster community guy