gneuralnetwork

Re: [Gneuralnetwork] Welcome to Gneural Network

From: Jean Michel Sellier
Subject: Re: [Gneuralnetwork] Welcome to Gneural Network
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 08:22:20 +0100

Well, if that driver works for real we could develop both parallelization schemes (i.e. CPUs and GPUs). Otherwise, parallelization for multiple core CPUs and/or clusters (by means of MPI and/or OpenMP) is definitely doable and, most of all, USEFUL.

JM

Hi,

I found this https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/ which was developed as an open source driver for Nvidia cards.

Best,
Arnab

4th Year Undergraduate
Computer Science And Engineering
IIT Kanpur

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Giuseppe Scrivano <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Jean Michel Sellier <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not sure but if there isn't a free driver for GPUs, we can still
> parallelize for multi-core CPUs. It's still OK to me. One of my other
> packages (nano-archimedes) is parallelized in this way and it works
> like a charm. What do you think?

I think it is very important to support it :)

Regards,
Giuseppe