gneuralnetwork

Re: [Gneuralnetwork] New member

From: John Salatas
Subject: Re: [Gneuralnetwork] New member
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 22:47:03 -0700

Hi again!

I had a look at the code and it seems pretty straightforward, although I didn't look at the implementation of the various training methods in big detail. I guess I'll look in more detail the implementation of gradient descent and genetic algorithm as I'm already familiar with these. However, I have to admit that I tried a couple of examples (ie the square root that is already in main) with more training data and various training parameters but I couldn't get it to produce any good results :\

Anyway, I guess I'll look at the code again and try to debug it so in order to get a better understanding. In the mean time some general thoughts/questions:

1) Is it planned to be a library that one can use in his own code or a standalone application? If it is going to be a standalone application then I guess it needs to somehow be able to read the input data and the neural network's structure and parameters from a file. Right?

2) Currently it only accepts as input numbers as inputs, but I believe it would be good to accept other types of inputs like for example strings. Imagine for example the case a training dataset containing people's data like sex which can only have distinct values ("male"/"female") or the case in which we have a dataset with containing people's data and we want to train a neural network to output a person's sex (ie to output distinct values instead of numbers).

Please, let me know what you think.

Regards,

John Salatas
Web Page: http://jsalatas.ictpro.gr