gneuralnetwork

Re: [Gneuralnetwork] license of the documentation [was: documentation]

From: Jean Michel Sellier
Subject: Re: [Gneuralnetwork] license of the documentation [was: documentation]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 19:33:06 +0100

If we have to write a proper documentation for a GNU package it will be under GFDL. There is no other way to proceed in my opinion. But many thanks for doing this search.

JM

Dear GNeuralNetworkers,

I searched for the recommended license of the documentation of a GNU
Project and found this:
http://www.gnu.org/doc/doc.html

Then I tried to read the recommended license:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html

But I missed a state of the art human summary at the beginning and
stopped. Compare it please with
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

I couldn't agree more with this:
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/GFDL_versus_CC-by-sa

What do you think on licensing the documentation under the CC-BY-SA 4.0?

Ivan F. V. B.