gneuralnetwork

Re: [Gneuralnetwork] mathematical background

From: Jean Michel Sellier
Subject: Re: [Gneuralnetwork] mathematical background
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 20:04:03 +0100

Well, to make a very long story short: the basic theory on which neural networks are based is exactly the same since a long time so, if you are looking for a good and understandable introduction to the subject, this is definitely a good book. For more recent stuff, you can always surf the internet and/or use some other book once you are familiar with the basic knowledge ;)

I hope this helps!

JM

* Jean Michel Sellier <address@hidden> [2016-03-23 19:05]:
> I agree with the list of mathematical knowledge required that you
> reported
>
> Personally, I would recommend the book of Bishop, "Neural Networks for
> Pattern Recognition".

Thanks Jean for your reply.

I remember that title as the bible in some circles, but that was like 20
years ago. Haven't a lot happend in that time, like deep learning
accomplishments, self driving cars and robotics?

Ivan F. V. B.