gnobb-dev-savannah

[Gnobb-dev-savannah] crayon

From: Anna Gore
Subject: [Gnobb-dev-savannah] crayon
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:33:56 -0700

That is something that only the sword may decide, I replied.
They think I am Gantun Gur, theassassin of Amhor; and they treat me with great respect.
Well, his sense of humor had gone the limit in questioning thetreasure.
He looked at me in ill-disguised repugnance. Our people would never bother you, I said. I asked him if heremembered an officer named Vor Daj, and he said he remembered him verywell. Was that Janai with you when you were captured?
What do you mean, I asked, the sacrifice? What do you mean, I asked, the sacrifice? Sometimes I think it is a little silly, but I would not dare say soto Anatok or to any others. Well, his sense of humor had gone the limit in questioning thetreasure.
It wascruising very low, scarcely a hundred feet above the ground and movingquite slowly.
I asked him if heremembered an officer named Vor Daj, and he said he remembered him verywell. There is something that you can do for me, I said.
I mustadmit that I was by far the most hideous creature in the zoo. As the doorslammed, he turned and faced me; and each of us voiced an exclamationof surprise.
For the moment I had forgotten that you hadtaken the body of Gantun Gur.
Jal Had, the Prince of Amhor, has a hobby for collecting wild beasts.
Your eyeshave probably never rested upon anything that compares with the richesof Gooli.
And be tortured to death by Jal Had when I get back to Amhor?
In reality then, I was to fight eleven men.
He just leaped overboard; I was watching him when you came in. I will fight with anything that my antagonist chooses, I replied.
I am notafraid, he said; but I knew that he was.
I saved the five men that you would have givenup as tribute without a single effort to defend them.
I am from Helium; and there is no creature like you inthe entire empire. Then, following my antagonist, was a guard of honor consisting ofabout ten warriors.
Perhaps a good beating will teach you bettermanners than to lie to Jal Had. Perhaps he will letyou live and work; perhaps he will destroy you.
That is no reason why it cant be done now, I snapped.
And you are not averse to going to Amhor?
If one of your people should come to our country, he would betreated with kindness.
One day I asked him why theyconsidered the shells such a valuable treasure. By my first ancestor, he exclaimed,but you do know a lot about John Carter.
The red man laughed at that, but he would not have laughed if he hadknown what I knew.
In reality then, I was to fight eleven men.