gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] Was: GNOPPIX maintenance

From: Raphael Schmid
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] Was: GNOPPIX maintenance
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:33:56 +0100

Dear List,

I'd like to add something to this too, and honestly: I do not care if I'll
be flamed.

The things you're currently doing and (even more importantly) the way you
are doing
them makes it look to a specatator as though this project is "mismanaged".
Wait, make
that "not managed at all". This is not meant personal to anybody of you. I
know Sven,
Andreas and probably a whole lot of other people are putting much work and
sweat into
Gnoppix.

Question is just: what in all worlds are such _childish_ games like this
("internal
mailing list or not") meant to accomplish? Do you know of any OpenSource
project that
successfully works by means of _internal_mailing_lists_? That's ...
ridiculous.
I'm sure I don't have to remind everyone of the XFree project, regarding
closed stuff?

Another thing: when I complained about something with the mailing lists a
couple of
months ago, Sven asked me if I'd like to do mailing list maintenance. I
considered
and agreed. Following up on that, I was asked to talk to Andreas in the
#gnoppix channel
on IRC. It never came to exchanging more than a `hi', if even that much. How
are things
expected to work like this?

</rant>

Thank you for your time.