gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] CVS entries

From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] CVS entries
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:24:32 +0100

Dear Markus,

Could you help me find relevant stuff in the gnoppix module of the CVS
repository.  Let's review the files:

./cdrom/CHANGES

The list of changes, that's self-explaining.  When a new release is
uploaded to the FTP servers, could you describe that like any other
change, for example:

16.10.2003
  * fixed some unset variables in autoconfig
  * updated gnome-panel
  * added boot.cat to booting
  * Uploaded new release 0.6.1

This will help us better understand when the new release was delivered.

./cdrom/TRANS.TBL
./cdrom/autorun.inf
./cdrom/swirl.ico
./cdrom/isolinux/TRANS.TBL

What is the role of these file?

./cdrom/gpl.html

Could we call that LICENSE.html instead?

./cdrom/rawrite2-readme.txt
./cdrom/rawrite2.exe

Could we put that into a new CVS module like "tools"?

./cdrom/isolinux/boot.cat
./cdrom/isolinux/f1
./cdrom/isolinux/f2
./cdrom/isolinux/f3
./cdrom/isolinux/initrd.gz
./cdrom/isolinux/isolinux.bin
./cdrom/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
./cdrom/isolinux/ldlinux.sys
./cdrom/isolinux/linux
./cdrom/isolinux/logo.16
./cdrom/isolinux/memtest
./cdrom/isolinux/message

How were these files created?  What is their role?

./cloop/etc/*

That is self-explaining.

./cloop/etc/x11.tgz

Why this tarball?  Is that the X11 subdir?

./gnoppix-extra/README
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/howto/.#Tutorial.Gnoppix.Remaster.cyberdune.1.1
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/howto/README
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/howto/Tutorial.Gnoppix.Remaster.cyberdune
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/howto/remaster.gnoppix.aussen
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/howto/remaster.gnoppix.innen
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/skripte/chrooty
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/skripte/create-cloop.sh
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/skripte/create-initrd.sh
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/skripte/create-iso.sh
./gnoppix-extra/remaster-pack/skripte/settings
./gnoppix-steps/planned_changes-0.6.1.txt

Could you put these files maybe in a new module called 'doc' or 'tools',
not directly in the gnoppix module?

What is left to put in CVS?

Thanks in advance,
--