gnucap-devel

Re: gnucap-models

From: karl
Subject: Re: gnucap-models
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 11:58:28 +0200 (CEST)

Al Davis:
> On Sat,  2 Apr 2022 20:44:24 +0200 (CEST)
> karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnucap/gnucap-models.git
> > gives a few compiler warnings.
> You do realize that those models were not written for gnucap?

Yes.

> Those models are considered to be archival, so bugs need to be
> preserved, not fixed, unless they cause problems that prevent their
> use.
> "Correct" here is for the model to do the same as it does in Spice, the
> particular version of Spice that it was written for, bug-for-bug.

Archival is good.
Bug-for-bug, I assume you mean numerical bugs and not SIGSEGs.

Also it is nice if a program/function produces the exact same result
regardless of compiler/os/etc., the thing that fortran is good at.

> Regarding the bugs you mentioned, the first bug, the missing argument
> to fprintf, was finally fixed in BSIM480.  Apparently there are lots of
> those, in error or warning messages, warning about errors that rarely
> happened, so they were never tested.

The compiler is your friend, thoose fixes I did were easy and were
pointed out by the compiler.

> Because of this thread, I looked at upstream, noticed that there are
> updates which I have added and will push soon.

Great.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar