Re: Pushing to the repos

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Pushing to the repos
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 20:06:17 +0200

On 03-08-2022 20:02, Maxime Devos wrote:

On 03-08-2022 19:47, Willow Liquorice wrote:
Hello,

Given that I'm getting repository access soon, I'm getting my changes ready to be pushed.

I need to sign my commits, is that with the SSH key pair?

Signing commits is done with GnuPG, telling git.gnunet.org that you are allowed to do stuff there is done with SSH; you will need to create both and share the public parts -- the public part of the SSH key is only needed by those who manage that machine, the public part of the GnuPG is required to be public (such that people can verify the commits).

I recommend adding

[commit]
    gpgsign = true

to .gitconfig to automatically sign commits.

Is the guide in the developer's manual in line with current practice? I've never used a VCS collaboratively before, and I'm a bit worried about screwing up my first major contribution.

I do not know if there's a guide there, maybe there is, but I haven't looked myself.

Greetings,
Maxime.