Re: Question about tracking files, and Doxygen updates.

From: Willow Liquorice
Subject: Re: Question about tracking files, and Doxygen updates.
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 22:22:29 +0100

Right, well, I've cleaned up dev/willow/doxygen_comments and pushed it. It's in a suitable position to be merged; I can resume work on another
branch.

I've opened an issue (https://bugs.gnunet.org/view.php?id=7314) where we can coordinate clearing redundant Doxygen comments. It's lighter work now, but a helping hand wouldn't go amiss.

Best wishes,
        Willow

On 28/08/2022 09:06, Schanzenbach, Martin wrote:

On 28. Aug 2022, at 00:20, Willow Liquorice <willow@howhill.com> wrote:

My local dev/willow/doxygen is ahead by 27 commits, which can just be
cherrypicked onto a new branch if that's what needs to be done, but extracting
gnunet.tag might be a bit tricky if we want to try that.

No need for that. Even if gnunet.tag is in intermediate commits, that is fine.

The tagfile is something internal to doxygen, I think it's what allows it to
track links. Probably best to leave it untracked.

yea

Looking at the history, it got tracked inadvertently right at the start of
/dev/willow/doxygen (98fa6eda7). There's a pair of my local commits that modify
it, too.

I can move the progress to a new branch and safely remove those commits, but I
don't know about how to deal with 98fa6eda7, as it's bundled with a lot of
other changes. Dealing with it on origin is probably the way to go, then (if
necessary) I can just pull the changes down as local master HEAD is at 69844eac.

How does that sound?

you can just try to merge it into master as well.

I've also got this weird contrib/build-common/ directory that has been sitting
around untracked in my local repository. Should it be like that?

I think build-common was removed a few releases ago. you can remove this folder.

BR

Best wishes,
        Willow