gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Time for a point release

From: Dave Taht
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Time for a point release
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 04:56:23 -0800

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
> Near the end of last October I proposed putting out a point release.
> The dev team promptly went to sleep - almost nobody worked on much
> of anything for three months (excepting Reinard Arlt's continuing
> patches to the NMEA2000 driver).
>
> This is probably a good thing; it means the gpsd codebase is stable enough
> that the gang didn't need to mess with anything. (The Savannah bugs I reported
> in October have long since been fixed.)
>
> There have been an accumulation of small documentation and packaging and
> test-suite fixes, though, and I think it's time to get those into the
> field.  I've been dealing with back mail and know of only three panding
> bug reports, all minor and definitely none of them release blockers.
>
> Chris, Gary: would you live-test the problem children, please?  I'd
> like to aim for a release this coming Monday.

I wanted to note that gpsd attached to one of the prototype devices
with eric's magic modification is up and serving time at one of the
RRUL test sites now.

( http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/RRUL_test_suite )

I just started collecting rawstats data against ntp with it.

It sees an astounding 12 sats.

I'll update to the latest code there, too.

--
Dave Täht