gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] WG: gpsmon stop after 16 seconds...

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gpsd-dev] WG: gpsmon stop after 16 seconds...
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 16:29:01 +0100

Hello,

i have found the primary reason for the stop of gpsmon after 16 seconds, the
device send one out of four sentence, GPGLL with a wrong checksum, the other
three sentences are correct. As i control the firmware of that device, i have
fixed the bug now, and gpsmon works smooth with the device.

But there may be still a bug in the packet parser of gpsd, as i expect, that
"badcounter" will be reset with the reception of a good sentence, or,
decremented.

The current behavior seem to accumulate the errors forever, and in my opinion
this is a smoking gun. If there is a connection to a device  with some errors
from time to time, it will be forced into reconfiguration after several hours
or days.

And the question is still open, why gpsmon is not able to resync, but stops
after some time with a device read error.

Thank you

Reinhard

-----Original-Nachricht-----