gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Simple client for delivering of gpsd data needed

From: Forum
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Simple client for delivering of gpsd data needed
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 10:51:09 +0200

Hello,

i want to use the data of gpsd in Perl on an Rasberry Pi.
The problem is that none of the CPAN modules for it is working.
Some are not installable because the dependencies can not be completed and
others can be started, but data is only
delivered in minutes and not in real time.

I would be glad if i could fetch the data simply over an client like cgps by
calling it and fetching the output.
But cgps can only deliver data to an terminal window in a loop!

It would be possible for me to modify the cgps.c source, but it seems not so
simple to get it compiled on an Raspi.
There are many dependencies and this special scons, so that i can't not compile
the client alone.

Is there any simple client out there that works and can deliver data as simple
text output?
Or a simple method to compile cpgs.c alone?

Otherwise it is less effort to write an on interpretation of the NMEA output
for myself in Perl.

Thanks in advance.
Karsten