gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:14:23 -0700

Yo Gary!

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:52:04 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Does this example work as supposed?
>
> Yes, and no.

After Looking at the code, I see you are exactly right and was wrong.

My bad.

The new(ish) ntp_read() is returning duplicate data.  Since it is modeled
after the way ntpd reads the SHM we are stuck with that.

So your initial impression that checking tvc for duplicates was an error
is correct.  You need to check for a change in both tvr and tvt to see
if the data changes, tvc is just when ntpshmmon got around to wakeing up.

If you submit a good patch I'll push it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588