gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘reset "Support UBX NAV-PVT" commit 22a020ec1c2bc85eff68

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘reset "Support UBX NAV-PVT" commit 22a020ec1c2bc85eff681ecacc6d2bb79fdddc9c
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 22:18:00 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 22:05:25 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden said:
> > Hal sent me his log.  He has a uBlox 6 at 9600bps.
>
> The card says it is a Venus, not uBlox.  How well does gpsd work with
> Venus chips?

I saw no NMEA in your output that was not plain NMEA.

> Do you or Eric have one to experiment with?

I do not.  But given the NMEA in your output, I don't see anything
not handled.

> > And it is getting behind.
>
> I don't understand that part.

Lagging.  Getting behind.  Too much data in one second to send in
one second.  Not every second, just the seconds when SAT data is also sent.

> I have a hack logging things.  It's getting 7 sentences each second.
> The average length is 65 bytes.  That would be 7*65*10 bits each
> second.  That's 4550 bits.  So it should fit.

Look again.  Some seconds you get a LOT more data.  Not all, just some.

> Here is a typical second:

Typical is not the problem, it is the large case that is the
problem.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588