gpsd-dev

Re: ✘example

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: ✘example
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 21:14:53 +0100

On Sun, 2021-03-07 at 12:05 -0800, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> IMHO everything in clients is an example.  Can I put clients/*.c in
> $docdir/gps/examples?  Plus the header files that only get installed
> in
> -dev packages?

Don't put the header files into examples, they are in the include
directory already. Otherwise, sure, why not. Its part of the
documentation imho. Other tools ship example code and Makefiles there..

> I have only a vague idea what the pacakers do with slicing and dicing
> gpsd into multiple pakages, all I know is that is it now working for
> the users that want to code.

At the end it should make life easier for all involved parties. Because
packagers usually don't have the time to track every single example
file that maybe might make sense to install. If a folder with stuff
shows up, they can handle it.