gpsd-dev

Re: gpsinfo

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsinfo
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 16:03:46 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 15:54:51 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray@megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> > FreeBSD has sockstat by default.  Can that tell me if 2947 is
> > listeneing, and what program/pid has it?
>
> Looks like it.
>
> sockstat | grep tcp

Why tcp?  I'm looking for gpsd, not tcp.  Any way to get to just show
listening, and no established?

> Header (that grep drops):
> USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN
> ADDRESS

That is what I want.

> There is no gpsd on that system so the lack of 2947 is expected.  I
> assume the 4460 is a good example.

Yeah, "grep ':2947 '" will get what I want.  Except for the listening part.

> > The "-p" is supposed to print the pid of the process holding the
> > socket.
>
> On FreeBSD, -p is for protocol.

Yeah, you said that.  I will update to try sockstat first.  Soon.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588