gpsd-dev

Identifying a GEO GNSS Satellite

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Identifying a GEO GNSS Satellite
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:32:11 +0800

Hi,

Please see: https://ntpmon.dcs1.biz/

I am at 1N, 103E.  The PRN45 is a few degrees West of me, as I see it.  It seems to be Geostationary.

I am unable to identify it.  I first thought it was GAGAN (India), but they have their nearset GEO *east* of me.  And it is not MSAS (Japan) either.

It could be a BDS2 GEO, there is one (3I-2S) listed at 89.5E.  But my receiver is not BDS-capable (MTK-3301 in NMEA mode).  Would it see a BDS SBAS, because the protocol is similar to, eg, WAAS?

Thank you
--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane