guile-reader-devel

Re: syntax error near unexpected token `3.0'

From: Marius Ghita
Subject: Re: syntax error near unexpected token `3.0'
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:43:26 -0400

Hi Arun,

I was trying to compile guile-reader at that point - I think - to experiment with sweet-guile. Later on, I found a separate packaged sweet-guile interpreter on SourceForge and haven't dabbled further with manual builds.

If I come in using guile-reader in the future and encounter similar issues I'll send a follow-up email to this list.

All the best,
MariusĀ

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 5:41 AM Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> wrote:

Hi Marius,

> Greping for GUILE_PKG I only found two matches, in configure.ac and
> configure. Is there something else I need to setup beforehand?

The GUILE_PKG macro should be defined in aclocal.m4, and that should
have come with the source tarball. Which tarball are you using?

aclocal.m4 will not be present in the git repo. If you are using the git
repo, you can generate aclocal.m4 using `autoreconf -vif'.

Regards,
Arun