guix-europe

Re: Message from the Guix Europe Treasuary

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Message from the Guix Europe Treasuary
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 00:02:34 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 at 21:34, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:

> this is the usual yearly mail to invite you to pay your membership fee
> of 10€ for 2021. We have not had a Guix Day in Brussels this year, but the
> expenses for hosting and so on are still running - and it is a token of
> membership and a sign how close we are to world domination :)

Well, maybe it is worth to have a paragraph mentioning Guix-Europe
(maybe this mailing list) on the webpage:

   <https://guix.gnu.org/en/donate/>

Then add this mailing list to the list:

   <https://guix.gnu.org/en/contact/>

And last, maybe it is also worth to add a webpage, say:

   <https://europe.guix.info/>

(even I do not like ’europe’ since it is worldwide. :-))  This webpage
could present the mission and link the various documents in
maintenance/guix-europe.

WDYT?  I can prepare the patch.

Currently, the only mention of guix-europe I find on the current website
is:

  <http://enge.fr/blog/2016/03/foundation-of-guix-europe>

which is currently down.  Other said, Guix-Europe has no visibility at
all.  I am not in favor to have a lot of visibility but people should
have the possibility to be member (not to say be a proud member! ;-))
even if they do not roam at FOSDEM or other live events, IMHO.

Cheers,
simon