guix-europe

Re: Extraordinary General Assembly on July 3 (and 17)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Extraordinary General Assembly on July 3 (and 17)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 19:39:19 +0200

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:

> So I would like to call an Extraordinary General Assembly for Sunday
> July 3rd; if we do not reach the quorum of 2/3 of the members, there will
> be a second Extraordinary General Assembly on Sunday July 17th. Actually
> I think it may be enough to discuss and vote the topics online; if not,
> we could also schedule a BigBlueButton meeting at 20:00 CEST (UTC+2).

I’ve put it down in my calendar, and I’ll try to be around then.

> Two topics on the schedule of the Extraordinary Assembly:
> - Validate the correction of the typos in our statutes suggested by Simon
>   a long time ago. Simon, could you please send them again so that we could
>   have a meaningful vote?

I don’t speak French, but I trust that Simon does. :)

> - Potentially change the name of the association, to make it less Europe
>   centric. This requires, I think, a fair bit of email discussion, since
>   as usual I would like to see a consensus emerge. At the last General
>   Assembly, opinions were split as to whether such a name change was in
>   order, and if yes, what it would be.
>   So please start a discussion! The topic will be voted (it requires a
>   2/3 of approval among the members who are present) if a consensus
>   appears to emerge.

I have no strong feelings on the name, so I won’t make any proposals.
But once a few candidates for a new name emerge I’ll be happy to cast my vote.

> An Extraordinary General Assembly is also an Ordinary one. So I would also
> like to correct a potential bug from our last assembly. We thought that it
> would be nice that the Solidary Administrative Council contain more or less
> all members, so that everybody could have an equal say. But since not
> everyone took part in the assembly, some members dropped out. If you would
> like to join the SAC, could you please speak up in reply to this mail?
> Then we will vote on your inclusion.

I would like to re-join the SAC, please.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo