guix-europe

Re: Extraordinary General Assembly on July 3 (and 17)

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Extraordinary General Assembly on July 3 (and 17)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 14:15:51 +0200

Am Sun, Jul 03, 2022 at 02:03:16PM +0200 schrieb zimoun:
> and since we are on July, we are far from calendar year.  We can
> clarify the lost of membership a bit more but it is not a deadlock.

I would argue that members who do not pay their membership fee are still
members, until they declare to leave or are excluded (article 6). So I
do count them for the denominator of the quorum.

> I agree to have some flexibility but it appears to me expected: no
> membership fee, no member.

No membership fee, not part of the General Assembly (article 10).
So they are not counted in the numerator of the quorum. This is what
I called a deadlock, but maybe this is an overly strict interpretation
of the rules.

Anyway, we can still meet again for a quick chat and vote in two weeks,
so there is no real harm :)

> The aim is to make progress and not being blocked by a document we
> write ourself. :-)

Indeed! But the document was written with a balance in mind of having
a maximum of participation, while making a hostile take-over difficult.
So changing our statutes is intentionally difficult.

Andreas