[Health-dev] Some ideas about improve health-pywebdav3-server

From: Feng Shu
Subject: [Health-dev] Some ideas about improve health-pywebdav3-server
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 06:43:05 +0800

Hello:

1. string uri or byte uri?

   health-pywebdav3-server is required by health_caldav and
health_webdav3_server, and I have found that uri in
health-pywebdav3-server is byte, while uri in health_caldav and
health_webdav3_server in string. this need ugly encode and decode, and
result many bug, for example: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?62792

I guess that pywebdav3 using byte uri just is history reason, for i
remember that python2's string is just byte. now we have use python3 and
ported pywebdav3 to health-pywebdav3-server, what about change it to use
string uri? for the user of health-pywebdav3-server just gnuhealth.

2. What about remove some code, for example: mysqlauth.py, gnuhealth do
not use mysql.