[Health-dev] [bug #64542] health_genetics update take too long time

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #64542] health_genetics update take too long time
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:20:34 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #8, bug #64542 (project health):

I noticed that what it takes a lot is the update of the translation strings.

I propose, by now, not translate the gene long name. Having the gene long name
description in English is OK in the scientific community, and it will make the
update process much faster, and don't overload the translation server at
Weblate.

All the entries with "model:gnuhealth.disease.gene,long_name:"
should be removed, and make the field not translatable.

For instance:
msgctxt "model:gnuhealth.disease.gene,long_name:"
msgid "5-methyltetrahydrofolate-homocysteine methyltransferase reductase"
msgstr ""

This should be removed from es.po, zh_CN.po ....

Let me know your thoughts

Bests
Luis

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?64542>