Re: Printing alist pairs to a dedicated buffur

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Printing alist pairs to a dedicated buffur
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 03:48:40 +0700

On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 at 00:24, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Have come up with the following solution using an intermediate function that
> passes the alist as argument.  Can I do this in a more straightforward manner
> ?
>
> (defun tema-catapult (lugar)
>   "Display the content of the association list LUGAR to the tema
> buffer.  Because `tema-lugar' was defined with `defvar-local'."
>
>   (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create "tema")
>     (insert (format "%s\n" "tema-lugar:"))
>     (dolist (pair lugar)
>       (insert (format  "%s %d\n" (car pair) (cdr pair))))) )
>
> (defun tema-alist ()
>   "Display the content of the association list tema-lugar."
>   (interactive)
>   (tema-catapult tema-lugar))

Works? Good enough. You might want to name the helper function as a
private one, with a double dash somewhere in the name.

Alternatively, you can replace a helper function with a let:

    (defun tema-alist ()
      (interactive)
      (let ((lugar tema-lugar))
        (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create "tema")
          …do whatever using the local ‘lugar’ variable…)))