undefined symbol when used version script with a dynamic library

From: uday
Subject: undefined symbol when used version script with a dynamic library
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:15:10 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I am getting undefined symbol when  try to run a program which uses a
dynamic library or try to load this library using dlopen.
dlopen returns NULL. If I print the dlerror, it only says Undefined
Symbol: . It doesn't tell which is this undefined symbol.
This problem arises only when I use a version script while building the
library. I make all the symbols local except what I want to export
through version script.

Is their any way to know this undefined symbol which I need to export?

Thanks,
Uday