GDB install help

From: Kurty, Timothy
Subject: GDB install help
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:12:22 -0500

I could use some help in trying to get gdb oiperational on our HP-UX system.
I performing the make, I am getting the following error:

       cc -g  -D__HP_CURSES      -o gdb main.o libgdb.a    ../bfd/libbfd.a
../
readline/libreadline.a ../opcodes/libopcodes.a ./../intl/libintl.a
../libiberty/
libiberty.a  -lHcurses     -lm    ../libiberty/libiberty.a
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (main.o) was
detected
. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   dlgetmodinfo (code)
   dlgetname (code)
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Seems like it's trying to do the load but, cannot find these modules. We
have been unable to locate these. Could you help us so that we possibly
could put them in our PATH.

Please email back or call me at (413) 744-7742.