Using dd from a library

From: spamhurls-widget
Subject: Using dd from a library
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:10:41 -0800 (PST)

I am writing a C program using gcc on Solaris 8. I would like to make
several calls to dd in my program to write some raw disk data to tape.
I could use "popen" to create a new process and run dd in it. However,
I would prefer to simply call dd directly from my program. This should
go faster as my program will not have to wait for process creation and
deletion.

How can I compile the fileutils package so that I have a library I can
link with?

Thanks.