gdb not landing inside function

From: Kelly Mandrake
Subject: gdb not landing inside function
Date: 2 Apr 2005 11:58:35 -0800

I have a situation where I cannot enter into a function.  The code I am
trying to debug comes from example code of a C++ socket library.  When
I debug with gdb tutorials on the net they work fine, i can step into
methods and functions, but with this code for some reason it will not
work.

Instead when I get to the if condition (!Get(argv[i])) and issue step,
it jumps to basicstring.h:491 from this point it does not mater weather
i issue next, step or continue, I cannot get into the Get function so
that I can debug it

#include <HttpGetSocket.h>
#include <HttpsGetSocket.h>
#include <SocketHandler.h>
#include <Parse.h>

bool Get(const std::string& url_in)
{
    // This is where i want to go
}

int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
        for (int i = 1; i < argc; i++)
        {
                if (!Get(argv[i]))
                {
                        printf("Failed: %s\n",argv[i]);
                }
        }
}

The breakpoint is set on the for loop, I issued next untill I reach the
if statment, at wich point I issue step and land inside basickstring.h
instead of Get

Can somebody give me some guidence, would be apreciated.