Re: gdb not landing inside function

From: Joe Butler
Subject: Re: gdb not landing inside function
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 23:26:44 +0100

The arguments passed to the main() function are stored in an array of chars
with a zero terminating char (char *).  Your Get() function is expecting a
reference to a std::string (and that's how it will interpret what you pass
to it).

The problem is that a std::string is not an array of chars (char *).  You
need to deal with it by copying the char * string into a std::string before
calling Get(), or changing Get() so that it expects a zero-terminated
string - it's your choice.

1112471915.048591.158820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com">news:1112471915.048591.158820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...