Gnu Core utils, GPL and commercial apps

From: Martin T.
Subject: Gnu Core utils, GPL and commercial apps
Date: 7 Apr 2005 05:06:08 -0700

Hello.

I was wondering if using some of the gnu core utils (to be excact, I
only use sed an tee at the moment) for the installation-scripts of a
non-free commercial app is possible under the GPL?
Especially, is it possible to bundle the mentioned tools in a
installation-Zip file or the like, without violating the GPL?

As far as I understand, using a GPLed Program to create commercial
software is OK. Using GPLed code inside a non-free app of course not.
(except for libraries)
But what about using a GPLed program from a non-free app?

thanks,
best regards,
Martin