Re: can not compile fileUtils package

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: can not compile fileUtils package
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:06:06 -0600

walid ben amor wrote:
> I have downloaded the fileUtils source code and I compiled it on my
> HP-UX workstation but this does not succeed :
> this is the error :

The fileutils package is the old, old version of coreutils.  I think
you will have much better luck trying to compile the coreutils
version.  Try this one:

  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-5.2.1.tar.gz

The latest test release is here:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-5.3.0.tar.gz

Note that on HP-UX I do not install the following list of programs
from GNU coreutils.  I use the native HP-UX versions instead.  I
recommend that you do the same on HP-UX.

  false hostname logname pinky sync true uptime users who

Bob