Image processing debugging with ddd

From: Roberto de la Prieta
Subject: Image processing debugging with ddd
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:58:10 +0200

Dear GNU team,

I am developing some (computationaly intensive) nuclear medical imaging applications in C language. I use the gcc compiler and gdb/ddd on a Linux platform to debug. I have seen that ddd have some nice 2D/3D visualizing capabilities using gnuplot as a helper. The problem is that working with image processing applications you usually want to see 2D arrays as a grey intensity map image( I think gnuplot cannot do that but maybe I am wrong ) As you guess, I would like to watch some array variable and see how it is changing while I am debugging. Any comments/suggestions/information on how to do that would be more than welcome.

Best regards,

PD.- Please, I would thank you to reply to this email adress as I am not subscribed to the ddd list
Roberto de la Prieta
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Escuela Superior de Ciencias Experimentales y Tecnología
D-158, edificio departamental II
C/ Tulipán s/n, 28933 Móstoles, Madrid, España-Spain

Tel.: +34 91 488  8113
Fax: +34 91 488 7049

e-mail: roberto.delaprieta@urjc.es