password protection feature of ps2pdf

From: Vivek Mittal
Subject: password protection feature of ps2pdf
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:03:15 +0300

Hi All,

I want to use the password protection feature of ps2pdf. I have installed GPL
Ghostscript 8.15 on HP-UX B.11.00

The following is the command I tried for getting a password protected pdf.

ps2pdf –sUserPassword=xxx in.ps out.pdf

I ftp the pdf file to my windows machine and tried to open it using Acribat
reader 7.02. The result was the file was not password protected. I was able to
open and even print the pdf file.

I have also tried the following command but the result was same as above: -

ps2pdf –sOwnerPassword=xxx in.ps out.pdf

Regards,
Vivek