Re: Stuck with MAKEINFO

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Stuck with MAKEINFO
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:26:01 -0600

    I am stuck with creating Info files from the file:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.0.2/docs-sources.tar.gz

I believe the GCC distribution comes with premade info files.  It
should.  Maybe you can save yourself trouble and just use those.

    Please tell me what directory and with what arguments I need to
    execute "makeinfo" in to build the Gcc docs in "Info" format?

As I understand it, the gcc manual is pretty complex, with lots of
pre/postprocessing involved.  If you have to build the info files, you
might try configuring the dist, and then running "make info", to build
the info targets.  That way whatever they've set up can be run.

HTH,
karl