using autotools for a library project

From: aaragon
Subject: using autotools for a library project
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:09:29 -0000

Hi everyone, I'm new in this group so I hope this is the right place
to ask this question.
I'm using autotools to write a library and now it seems that I need to
use another library (the gmp for arbitrary precision arithmetic). Now,
the problem is that when I create my library, all the functions that I
use from the gmp are not "saved" in my library. Therefore, when I
install the library on a different machine, it complains that it
cannot find the gmp library or that the library has not the same
version.
So, I was wondering if there is a way to put the gmp functions that I
use in my own library, like a bundle so I don't need to have the gmp
library on other machines.

Thanks for any suggestions. I apologize if this is not the right place
to ask this, but I didn't find a more autotools related group and I
found some questions posted.

a²