Re: Using Emacs with Autotools projects : separate source and binaries

From: fuhz . fr
Subject: Re: Using Emacs with Autotools projects : separate source and binaries directories
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:18:30 -0800 (PST)

> Uhm... But in my output it also shows ../../hello-2.3/src/hello.c the
> same as mine here does and yet my emacs finds it okay.  Emacs tracks
> the compilation directory by tracking the "Entering directory" and
> "Leaving directory" messages from make.  Therefore from the src
> directory the path is two up and over but emacs tracks that okay.
>
> Perhaps the make options have been modified for you such that make is
> no longer producing directory tracking information?

I lied to you guys...sorry.
In fact my compilation output is not exactly the same. It is slightly
different.
Because I am a french people, my gnu make program has been translated
in french.

So the output is:
[...]
make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/fuhz/TEST/hello-2.3-
mybuild/src »
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -
I../../hello-2.3/src  -I../../hello-2.3/gnulib/lib -I../gnulib/lib   -
g -O2 -MT hello.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/hello.Tpo -c -o hello.o ../../
hello-2.3/src/hello.c
../../hello-2.3/src/hello.c:194:2: erreur: #error forced error here
make[2]: *** [hello.o] Erreur 1

Don't know why, but my Emacs do not seem to be able to track french
make output correctly.

I have just download gnu make and compile in english, and it just
works.
Emacs jumps to the right source file.

It's so cool.

Thank you guys.