Re: makefile and notdir

From: Henrik Carlqvist
Subject: Re: makefile and notdir
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:08:46 +0200

Brownie <brownie2002@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, I would like to access sources from different directories
> so my inferences $(OBJDIR)/%.o: %.f90 do not work.

One solution if you have your sources in different directories is to also
have different rules. Something like:

$(OBJDIR)/%.o: %.f90
        command to compile

$(OBJDIR)/%.o: ../SRC2/%.f90
        command to compile (possible the same command as for the other rule)

Another solution would be to use VPATH or vpath, example:

vpath %.f90 .:../SRC2

For more info on vpath and VPATH see
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html#General-Search

regards Henrik