Re: Autoconf - adding LEX header file option

From: augustk
Subject: Re: Autoconf - adding LEX header file option
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 Sep, 14:06, augustk <fusionf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With the option `header-file', FLEX can create a header file, lex.h,
> from the LEX specification, lex.l. What I don't know, however, is
> where I should put this option in the context of Autoconf/Automake.
> Any clues?

Adding the following lines to Makefile.am seems to do the trick:

BUILT_SOURCES = lex.h
CLEANFILES = lex.h
lex.h: lex.l
        $(LEX) --header-file=$@ -o /dev/null $<

I think it should be possible to get the same result with the more
concise

AM_LFLAGS = --header-file=lex.h -o /dev/null lex.l

but that doesn't work for me.