feature request for diff

From: Peter Weinert
Subject: feature request for diff
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 08:38:14 +0200

hello.

we have an automated test-suite were  we compare the output of our
programm which includes some amount of numerical data. The problem is
that we run many different plattforms were numerical results may differ
slightly. Therefore  it would be nice if diff would support an optional
numerical comparison (for text-files) in a way that it tries to
interpret digits as numbers and then compares them with a user-supplied
precision. As this surely will slow down normal text compare it should
be included as an optional mode.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Peter Weinert

GNS mbH               Tel.: +49-(0)-531-80112-35
Am Gaußberg 2         Fax : +49-(0)-531-80112-79
38114 Braunschweig    mailto:weinert@gns-mbh.com

http://www.gns-mbh.com/

Sitz und Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 4004
Steuernummer 14/203/31601
VAT-Id. DE173536746
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Hanson, Klaus Radtke, Claudius Schöne