Re: GNU time: incorrect results

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: GNU time: incorrect results
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 12:27:52 -0600

Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
> Bob, thanks for fixing the bug I reported!
> And good luck with getting GNU time 1.8 out :-)

Yes, well, we will see!  But I am very hopeful. :-)

> I wrote:
> > rpm -q -f /usr/bin/time
> > util-linux-2.17.2-5.3.x86_64
>
> Just curious: how will your fix reach util-linux because
> this is what distributions use (not GNU time directly, it seems)?

It should.  Since util-linux on SuSE uses GNU time as one of the
components then I expect that it would eventually flow into it.  Since
time is such a small program I can understand why it would be bundled
into a larger collection of other small programs.  Note however that
other distributions such as Debian and Red Hat package time into its
own package.  The way that it is packaged is not universal.

Bob