adding readline problems

From: Matthias Kievernagel
Subject: adding readline problems
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:04:12 -0000

Hello group,

I am trying to add readline to a program.
Three problems so far:
 - Prompting and Input are two very different parts of the program.
   No chance here I guess with readline?
   It needs to know the prompt even with 'rl_already_prompted', correct?
 - Can the history cope with changing prompt?
   Haven't tried this yet, but searched and found nothing
   in the documentation (info).
 - TAB expansion for files is not useful in the program.
   So I switched it off with: 'rl_bind_key('\t', rl_insert);'
   Now you can insert verbatim TAB in the input.
   This results in erroneous line display when using history.
   Is this a known problem? workaround?

Anyone here can help me with these?
Thank you for any hints.

Matthias Kievernagel                                      Software development
mkiever/at/web/dot/de                             http://mkiever.home.tlink.de