Re: parameter replacement in make during rule execution

From: vincent . stay
Subject: Re: parameter replacement in make during rule execution
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 11:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, October 10, 2014 5:45:24 PM UTC-7, Bob Proulx wrote:
Thanks for the gnu help list. I'll keep that in mind in the future. It turns
out my problem is about a misunderstanding of when make expands its variables.
My solution is to do this before the rule:

NEWOPTIONS := $(foreach opt,$(OPTIONS),$(if $(findstring
=,$(opt)),$(opt),$(opt)=1))

and use NEWOPTIONS in the rule. This does exactly what I want.