Re: [Help-librejs] using librejs with conkeror

From: Loic J. Duros
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] using librejs with conkeror
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:32:10 -0400

Brandon Invergo <address@hidden> writes:

> Has anyone had any success in using LibreJS with Conkeror
> (www.conkeror.org; a XULrunner-based, Emacs-inspired browser)?
I typically use Firemacs with IceCat or Firefox/Abrowser, and I haven't
tried Conkeror although it's been on my list for a while. LibreJS uses
the nsIDOMParser.parseFromString() for contents of type text/html (and
application/xhtml.) This has only been possible with Firefox since
version 12.0 and SeaMonkey version 2.9. Unless Conkeror implements this
change, it won't work. That's one possible reason off the top of my
head, but I can't say for sure.

> I've also now tried installing from source into /usr/mozilla. I know
> it's properly installed there because Firefox, for example, sees it
> (though it claims it's not compatible with Firefox 14).
The fact it says that it is not compatible with Firefox 14 strikes is
weird. I tested the latest version of LibreJS with Firefox 12 and up and
they all work fine. But wait, there's something else: by default, the
addon sdk will set the minVersion around 2 versions before the current
one.
You might want to take a look inside the install.rdf file of the xpi
once built (it is a simple zip file that you can unzip and zip back),
change the value from 15.0 or whatever it is to 12.0, and it should work
fine. Although the makefile could do something like this for us, it is
probably not a good idea because one can check carefully that a certain
version is compatible with Firefox