Re: [Help-librejs] Offering option to block vs warn?

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Offering option to block vs warn?
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:50:49 -0500

address@hidden (Loic J. Duros) writes:

> <address@hidden> writes:
>> I wonder if timed permission would be of any  use? "Allow this particular
>> script, or all scripts on this webpage to run for x minutes or x hours or x
>> days before returning to blocking the scripts"
>
> Sure, once we get to the point that we have the ability and the
> interface to allow/block a single script or all scripts, then as you
> suggest we can set up a counter or just save time with a timestamp and
> check once the browser is opened (in the event it's closed) whether the
> timer set has elapsed for a particular script or page.

What I'm talking about is a little different and I think maybe could
come before the ability to block and whitelist individuals scripts. It
would just be a single warning that there are nonfree scripts. I think
that might be a good interim measure, while the other features are being
developed.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.