[Help-librejs] magnet-link-technique in external JS-files

From: Pablo Zimdahl
Subject: [Help-librejs] magnet-link-technique in external JS-files
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 14:27:26 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to label all our JavaScript at <https://posteo.de/>, but I'm
failing, and I'd be happy about some help.

I chose the magnet-link-technique as decribed here:
<https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html#magnet-link-license>.

The result is visble e.g. here
<https://posteo.de/javascripts/all.js>.

Unfortunately LibreJS 6.0 (in a stock Firefox 30) still blocks the
external scripts as nonfree.

(I know that for some minified scripts the source-URL misses, that
would be the next step.)

Locally, I also tested the web-labels-technique, with the same negative
result (stripped down js-licenses.html attached).

Only prepending the external Javascript-files with the verbose
license-information ("method 1") makes LibreJS allow the scripts. But
I'd like to avoid this method, because it produces more traffic and is
more complicated with many files and different licenses.

Apparently I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see what it is. As I
wasn't able to find any debugging-output of LibreJS I'm stuck. Could
anyone give me a hint?

Cheers, Pablo

License information for external _javascript_ files present on this site.

all.js GNU-GPL-3.0-or-later all.js