Re: [Help-librejs] NoScript and LibreJS?

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] NoScript and LibreJS?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 12:58:03 -0500

On 12/02/2015 12:40 PM, John Sullivan wrote:
Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:

NoScript protects against many other attacks too, so that's why I would
like to use it.  Perhaps the logic of classifying free software scripts
could be ported into NoScript and be added there as an option?  I'm
afraid I don't know how these plugins work internally.
Indeed, I can see how that would be useful. NoScript does a lot of
things these days.

-john

I've been reading about NoScript's other features like its cross-site scripting protections, and embedded content blocking. So it does sounds like there's lots of NoScript features that would be useful alongside LibreJS.

I've installed NoScript and I'm looking through the options - it looks like you can allow JavaScript with the Whitelist -> Scripts Globally Allowed checkbox. That way you can let LibreJS selectively allow free JavaScript code while still getting the extra protection of NoScript.